test
Equipping followers of Christ to engage in their everyday work as the work of God, so workplaces are invigorated, communities flourish and culture is renewed to the honor and glory of the Lord.

To Link To The Worldview Matters Main Website


Friday, September 4, 2009

In His Kingdom Are Many Airplanes

To understand how we can “serve God by building airplanes,” as I put it last week, we must comprehend the breadth of the Kingdom of God.

In my previous post, I wrote that God is the Ruler of this world. But Jesus called Satan the ruler of this world! (John 14:30)

What gives?

What gives is, the word “world” has four meanings in Scripture: populated regions, the human race, the created realm of planet Earth, or a system of thought and behavior that is contrary to the ways of God.

John 3:16 says: “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son…” Here the meaning of “world” is the human race.

But I John 2:15-16 says: “Love not the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” Here “world” connotes a system of thought and behavior that is contrary to the ways of God. Or as John puts it: “…the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.”

In Romans 1:8, “world” refers to populated regions: “I thank my God…that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world;” while in Romans 1:20, “world” refers to the created realm of planet Earth: “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen…”

When Jesus calls Satan “the ruler of this world,” I believe He is referring to Satan as “the ruler of this world-system,” not the ruler of the created realm of planet Earth, the human race, or populated regions. These "worlds" are God’s alone.

Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the Lord’s and all it contains, the world and those who dwell therein.”

Psalm 103:19 says, “His kingdom rules over all.” That's as broad as creation is wide! And in His Kingdom are many airplanes.
Airplanes?

Yes airplanes. It may sound a bit "earthy" to put it in such terms, but I'll try to justify these words next week.

Comments?


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. It has to do with glory.

    Whatever I do, whether in word or in deed, I am to do to the glory of God. Walk the dog, build an airplane, drive my car, mow my lawn.

    CT
    Mill Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian, As you know, I had the opportunity to do this for many years. But only recently did I see what appears to be airplanes in the New Kingdom. In the Isaiah 60 picture of the Glory of Zion, we see the question: "Who are these that fly along like clouds, like doves to their nests?" Perhaps it is people in a redeemed version of the Boeing 787! Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian, I am waiting to be at a church where the invitation is given, " If God is calling you to be a full-time Christian airplane builder, come forward and we'll pray for you as you enter this ministry."

    ReplyDelete